- New program provides fresh food to seniors (5/25/18)
- Star tattoo artist visits Nevada (5/23/18)
- Safety tops Sheldon school board discussion (5/19/18)
- Council votes to participate in sales tax holiday (5/18/18)
- NMS Girl emPOWERment hosts 10th annual GM5K (5/16/18)
- Carolyn Thornton wins award (5/12/18)
- Davisons celebrates sixty years (5/11/18)1
- Cottey harpsichord in tune and in use (5/9/18)
- Walking a mile in someone elseís shoes (5/8/18)
- Director of Barone Alzheimerís center shares work (5/5/18)
Mark Burres (5/26/18)Mark Burres, 56, Harrisonville, Mo., died May 23. Graveside inurnment will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 26, at Worsley Cemetery in Bronaugh. A celebration of life will be held at noon at the El...
Mark Gilmer Welborn (5/26/18)Mark Gilmer Welborn, 63, of Las Vegas, Nevada passed away May 15, following a short illness. A native of Vernon County, Mark was born at the Nevada City Hospital on May 10, 1955, to Joseph Eugene...
Donald LeRoy Ashby Jr. (5/26/18)Donald LeRoy Ashby Jr., 53, Galena, Kan. (formerly of Nevada), passed away on Tuesday, May 22, at Mercy Hospital in Joplin from a recent diagnosis of lung cancer. Don was born Dec. 19, 1964, in...
Orval Null (5/25/18)Orval Null, age 94, of Raymore, Mo., passed away peacefully after a lengthy illness at his home on May 21. Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. on Friday, May 25, at Newton Burial Park, Nevada. Orval...
Sandra Lee Cooke (5/25/18)Sandra Lee Cooke, 76 of Nevada, was called to be with the Lord on May 22. She was born in Cape Girardeau, Mo., on June 14, 1941, to Bernice and Marion Hall. On Jan. 2, 1959, she married the love of...
Mary Jo Ann Trude (5/23/18)Mary Jo Ann Trude, 85, passed away on Monday, May 21, at her home in Sheldon. Jo Ann is survived by her son, Terry Trude; and her daughters, Brenda Borders, Debra Trude-Suter, Donna Payne and Becky...
Column: Memorial Day is here! (5/26/18)Hi neighbors. Today kicks off the Memorial Day weekend for 2018! Itís the weekend for family gatherings, backyard barbecues and visiting relatives. Many will celebrate Memorial Day by placing small American flags on the graves of deceased military members and flowers on graves of other deceased family members...
Column: A string of bad luck (5/26/18)I heard a story recently where someone drove to a jail in a stolen vehicle to pick up someone else who was getting out of jail. The deputies just waited for them to walk right into the jail before they informed them that they were under arrest for stealing a car. ...
Column: Sunday chicken (5/25/18)We made a trip last Sunday to Chicken Annieís for a Sunday chicken dinner. As I savored my delicious meal and watched the rest of the crowd enjoy this very American fare, my thoughts turned back to my early farm youth. I donít have a preference when deciding between Chicken Annieís and Chicken Maryís. ...
Column: Another royal wedding (5/19/18)Hi neighbors. Did you get up at 3 a.m. today to witness the spectacular event as Britainís Prince Harry married his American lady Meghan Markle? America hasnít had this much public interest invested in a wedding in the United Kingdom in, well, maybe never...
- Griffons slated for June 1 season-openerEditorís note: The M.I.N.K. League is an independent summer baseball league, comprised of eight teams from Missouri and Iowa. A familiar site will soon be returning to Lyons Stadium, with the Nevada Griffons home-opener set for June 3 against the defending M.I.N.K. League champion St. Joseph Mustangs...
- Pritchett, Hart, and Kimmell: NMS RECORD BREAKERS (5/25/18)
- Nevada Middle School tracksters honored at awards assembly (5/25/18)
- Nevada players headline All-District baseball teams (5/25/18)
- Hines, Bower snag Bradham Award (5/25/18)
- Houní Dawg Heartbreaker: Walk-off homer lifts No. 1 Aurora to 6-5, extra inning victory over Nevada (5/23/18)
- Area athletes headline All-District baseball team (5/23/18)
- NHS student-athletes take center stage at annual Senior Recognition Night (5/23/18)
- Nevada, Aurora sectional showdown on tap (5/22/18)
- Fielding woes doom Sheldon in sectionals as Panthers fall to Walnut Grove, 13-3 (5/22/18)
- Beshore, McHugh punch ticket to Class 4 state track meet (5/22/18)
LivestockFOR SALE: Butcher Hogs, hormone free. Weights range from 100 to 200. $1.00 per pound live weight. 417-944-2017 or call or text 417-283-1371, 417-381-2519.
NURSING HELP-WANTED Adrian Manor--ATTN: LPNís-- Adrian Manor, a 60-Bed Skilled Nursing Home is now hiring a part-time LPN/Charge Nurse for the evening shift. Pleasant work environment; differential pay for evening shift; pay commensurate w/experience. Contact Director of Nursing,...
LPN's & RN's needed at Serenity of ButlerSerenity Nursing Home in Butler, Mo. is seeking LPN's and RN's. Full and part time available, flexible scheduling. Excellent wages and benefits. Apply: 416 S. High Street, Butler, Mo. 64730 or email@example.com
- Father-son duos continue to dominate Nevada Speedway victory lane
- Safety tops Sheldon school board discussion
- NHS student-athletes take center stage at annual Senior Recognition Night
- Title quest: Sheldon bests Ballard in extras, captures Class 1 District 8 crown
- Area athletes headline All-District baseball team
Latest State & Nation News