- Two inmates have escaped from the Vernon County Jail (12/10/17)
- Winter conditions ripe for fires warns chief (12/7/17)
- Small students spread Christmas cheer (12/5/17)
- Marriage licenses (12/5/17)
- Who is Mareth Enterprises? (11/30/17)
- Circuit court (11/29/17)
- Sheriff report (11/29/17)
- NRMC board receives reality check (11/28/17)
- Wrecks (11/28/17)
- Sheriff report (11/28/17)
Doris A. (Angel) Bell (12/8/17)Doris A. (Angel) Bell, age 81, of Branson West, Mo., formerly of Nevada, passed away Nov. 30, 2017. She was born on May 18, 1936, to Herbert and Dora Mae (Crews) Angel in Nevada where she continued...
Lloyd Merl Pritchett (12/6/17)Lloyd Merl Pritchett 87, Independence, Mo., passed away Dec. 2. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 7, at Lakewood Way Community Church, 1150 NE Woods Chapel Rd., Lee’s Summit, MO 64064....
Doris Angel Bell (12/5/17)Doris Angel Bell, 81, formerly of Nevada, died on Thursday, Nov. 30, at Cox Hospital in Branson, Mo. Additional service and family information will be announced by Ferry Funeral Home at a later time....
Sandra Kay Breeding Gean (12/5/17)On Dec. 2 Sandra Kay Breeding Gean went to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Sandra was born May 9, 1941, in Nevada, to David Loren “Bing” Breeding and Katherine Lucille Mitts Breeding. She...
Wesley Whittier Batcheler (11/29/17)Wesley Whittier Batcheler, age 88, a former resident of Bronaugh, died Monday, Nov. 27, at Parkview Heights in Garnett, Kan. He was born on Sept. 13, 1929, in Hartley, Iowa, the son of Nathan and...
Steven Dale Middleton Jr. (11/28/17)Steven Dale Middleton Jr., age 26, went to be with the Lord on 27th of November, in Walker, at his childhood home. His parents are Steven Dale Middleton Sr. and Heather Lynn Brown (Buttorff) and his...
Column: Body cameras being tested in the jail (12/9/17)A couple of years ago we tested the use of body cameras with our deputies in the Patrol Division. After a brief testing period with some of the deputes, we decided to make the body camera part of the standard issue equipment for each deputy. Since that time, we have continued to see the benefits of having incidents on camera when deputies respond to calls...
Column: Christmas cards time (12/8/17)I was looking at the December calendar and suddenly remembered that it was past time to send out my Christmas cards. We had always sent a Christmas letter with perhaps a picture or two. It was too late for that now. It has been so hectic this fall we never even got the letter written. ...
Column: I spy with my little eye … a bad guy (12/2/17)How do you catch a criminal who doesn’t want to be caught? Well, sometimes it takes a great deal of investigation, processing evidence and working with other agencies and the public. In other cases, however, you can just look on the camera system they left for you!...
Column: The lunch room (12/1/17)I saw a news segment regarding school lunches on television recently and my thoughts turned back in time to my own school lunch days. Much has changed over the years and I am not certain that it is all for the better. In the mid 50s, I attended kindergarten at Franklin School for a half day each morning. ...
- Ducking hunting heats up as temps cool downLoel Wilson, Taberville, has hunted duck at the Schell-Osage Conservation Area for 37 seasons and calls it his favorite spot to have success. This season promises to be one of the better ones. The ducks are pouring into the state as colder temperatures move in...
- Thompson’s 20 points lead Nevada to blowout victory of Smith-Cotton (12/9/17)
- Beshore, Bower combine for 29 points as Lady Tigers roll past Smith-Cotton (12/9/17)
- Nevada football team recognized at postseason awards banquet (12/8/17)
- Nevada alum Pritchett deadlifts 500 pounds, qualifies for Collegiate Nationals (12/8/17)
- Nevada High and middle school student-athletes recognized at postseason awards banquet (12/8/17)
- Truman Elementary fifth-grader Cameron raises $1,000 for VCCR via ‘Win Green’ campaign (12/7/17)
- Tigers cruise to conference victory over Clinton, 77-66 (12/6/17)
- Fourth quarter scoreless drought dooms Lady Tigers, Clinton prevails 39-36 (12/6/17)
- Tiger middle school wrestlers compete in Seneca (12/6/17)
- Comets drop heartbreaker to Hesston, 72-71 (12/5/17)
Help WantedEXPERIENCED TITLE CLERK needed for Fort Scott New Car Dealership. Compensation based on experience. Apply be email, fax, or in person. See Valerie Grissom firstname.lastname@example.org ,620-223-0900, fax 620-223-1501.
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.00 each, 417-684-5324.
MiscellaneousOLD PHOTOGRAPHS copied and restored. Ralph Pokorny Photography, 221 E. Pacific St. Nevada, MO. 417-667-2112.