- Itís cookie time! (2/16/18)
- Couple celebrates 57 years of Valentineís love (2/14/18)
- Area gets coat of ice Sunday (2/13/18)
- Clerk of courts speaks of work and life (2/10/18)
- Lady Knight volleyball trio nets Academic All-State accolades (2/9/18)
- Giving a gift of language (2/9/18)
- Lady Wildcats beat Marmaton Valley, 34-26 (2/7/18)
- Schell-Osage hosts biennial Eagle Days (2/7/18)
- Local actor co-stars in ĎFirst Maní (2/6/18)
- NRMC lab increases capabilities (2/3/18)
Elizabeth Frances (Ewing) Houk (2/16/18)Elizabeth Frances (Ewing) Houk, 98, Nevada, passed away on Feb. 14, at Moore-Few Care Center in Nevada. Elizabeth was born Sept. 13, 1919, on a farm south of Creighton, Cass County, Mo. She was the...
Linda Dianne Matlock (2/14/18)Linda Dianne Matlock, 64, of Nevada, passed away Monday, Feb. 5, at Nevada Regional Hospital. Linda was born July 31, 1953, in Jacksonville, N.C., the daughter of Donald Alfred and Anne Mae (Oliver)...
Jens Duwain Barclay (2/13/18)Jens Duwain Barclay, 61, Nevada, passed away on Saturday, Feb. 10, at his home in Nevada. Jens was born March 13, 1956, in Nevada to Herbert Duwain and Helen Marie (Ridgway) Barclay. On March 18,...
Edyth Roselee Heim (2/10/18)Edyth Roselee Heim, known to most as Rose, passed away Saturday, Feb. 3, at the Sundance Inn Health Center in New Braunfels, Texas, of complications from colon cancer. Rose, 82, was born in Milo in...
Betty Lou Shirley (2/9/18)Betty Lou Shirley, 92, Kansas City, Mo., passed away on Monday, Feb. 5, at Garden Valley Manor in Kansas City, Mo. Betty was born Nov. 13, 1925, in McCook, Neb., to Fred and Mabel Roggensees. On...
Anna Millicent (Noel) Meyer (2/9/18)Anna Millicent (Noel) Meyer, 97, Ellinwood, Kan., passed away on Jan. 31. Born Oct. 10, 1920, to Karl F. and Lydia E. Naffziger Noel, Millicent grew up on the Noel family farm near Bronaugh, the...
Column: Happy Valentineís Day! (2/10/18)Hi neighbors. Another Valentineís Day occurs next week. If you have anyone in your life that you love, donít forget to let them know how you feel. Although for some, Valentineís Day may have references only to romantic love, I feel it also is a day to celebrate all expressions of love for those people we care for...
Column: Forget the government and plant a garden! (2/3/18)Hi neighbors. I hope we all got to enjoy the brief spring-like weather this week. The only thing dependable about the weather is that it will change; so donít box up your winter coats yet. Still, it was nice to get a break from the single-digit temperatures...
Column: All roads donít lead to Rome; some are dead-ends! (2/3/18)There is an old saying that goes ďall roads lead to Rome,Ē but our local criminals have found recently that some roads lead to well Ö nowhere. Some of our pursuits over the past few months have seen people turn down dead-end roads in their effort to outrun deputies in Vernon County. ...
Column: Tips for best quality submissions (2/3/18)Around here one thing we really welcome is your submissions of photos of happenings in our community. The best email address to do so is firstname.lastname@example.org. And here are a couple things to keep in mind when sending photos for best quality printing:...
- Gayman scintillating on Senior Night, Tigers clinch WCC crown with 66-44 defeat of KC CenterFriday nightís 66-44 rout of the Center High Yellowjackets delivered the Nevada Tigers basketball program its first West Central Conference championship. The Senior Night victory at Wynn Gym improved the Tigers to 20-3 overall and 10-0 in WCC-play, while eliminating from contention the second-place, defending conference champion Yellowjackets...
- Nevada Highís Longobardi, Guenther eliminated from Class 2 state wrestling tournament (2/17/18)
- Lady Tigers roll past Center, 55-44, in home finale (2/17/18)
- Hume swept up by Whirlwind in regular-season finale, set to host upcoming district tournaments (2/17/18)
- Tigers trounce El Do in rivalry game, 54-33, primed for finale (2/16/18)
- NEVCís Conner eclipses 1,000 point plateau as Lady Knights topple Hume, 57-50 (2/16/18)
- Lady Panthers clip Eagles, 53-41, en route to first victory (2/16/18)
- Gardner, Trotter ink with Benedictine College (2/14/18)
- Lady Tigers thump El Dorado Springs, 65-18 (2/14/18)
- NMS Tigers derailed in TCC semis (2/14/18)
- Middle school Tigers wrap regular season, TCC tourney on tap (2/13/18)
Help WantedGRADING CONTRACTOR SEEKING equipment operator for hoe and pipe laborer. Highway project in Cherokee County, Kansas. Email: email@example.com or call 913-208-1648 for application. EOE
MiscellaneousSTRAW FOR SALE: small square bales $3.00 each, 417-684-5324.
Latest State & Nation News