- Healthy Nevada celebrates fifth anniversary (11/16/17)
- Relay for Life kicks off 2018 season (11/14/17)
- Pecan harvest looks good (11/9/17)
- Hats off to a hat maker (11/7/17)
- NHS celebrates students (11/6/17)
- Braman is new hospital CEO (11/3/17)
- Phase two bids opened (11/2/17)
- Old and new leaders at hospital board meeting (10/31/17)
- New psychiatrist at NRMC (10/30/17)
- World class orthopedist at NRMC (10/27/17)
Vernon Loren Howrey Sr. (11/18/17)Vernon Loren Howrey Sr., 73, departed suddenly on Nov. 14. Vernon was born to Vern and Easter Berry Howrey on July 8, 1944, in Nevada. He grew up in Nevada and graduated from Nevada High School in...
Ralph Martin Reed (11/18/17)Ralph Martin Reed, 95, of Nevada, passed away on Friday, Nov. 17, at Nevada Regional Medical Center following a brief illness. He was born on Sept. 27, 1922, in Bates County to Winfield Hancock and...
Elnora Mae Wallace (11/17/17)Elnora Mae Wallace, 99 of Walker, passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 15, at Nevada Regional Medical Center. Elnora was born Oct. 22, 1918, in Horton, to George S. and Martha (Kimrey) Robison. She was...
Matthew Gene Welborn (11/15/17)Matthew Gene Welborn died Friday, Nov. 10, at the age of 58. He was born to Lula Pratt Welborn and Joseph Eugene (Gene) Welborn on Aug. 5, 1959. Services and complete obituary are pending. Family...
Beverly Elaine (Sherman) Conway (11/15/17)Beverly Elaine (Sherman) Conway died on Tuesday, Nov. 14. Beverly was the first born to Glen and Elaine Sherman of El Dorado Springs, on June 25, 1939. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Nov....
Clifford Eugene Leonard (11/15/17)Clifford Eugene Leonard, 62, Milo, passed away on Monday, Nov. 13, at Nevada Regional Medical Center in Nevada. Cliff was born Sept. 22, 1955 in Cabool, Mo., to Eugene and Velma Irene (Pierce)...
Column: Iíve Got Mail! (11/17/17)I have always liked to have a cat. Morningside allows pets if they stay in your apartment and you pay a deposit. My niece, Dr. Ruth Massey, DVM works with some animals who need a home and they thought a calico they were caring for would fit in nicely with me. ...
Column: Forgetting how to spell your name; the tell-tale sign you have a warrant (11/14/17)It can be hard always being on the run with warrants out for you, peeking out the curtain before going outside, looking over your shoulder to make sure you havenít been spotted and one slight problem like a headlight out could result in your arrest because of the warrant...
Column: Re-travelled trails (11/10/17)This week one of my sons and two daughters returned to the Thornton home area in Taney County to attend the funeral of Lesterís brother Paul Thornton who had died at 99 years of age in the Veteranís Home at Mt. Vernon. Mo. His death left only their sister, Opal, from the Harve and Jenny Thornton family that farmed near Ocie, Mo., in the early 1900s...
Column: The story of Wilbur (11/4/17)Hi neighbors. My daughter shared with me a box of letters she had purchased at an antique shop. She didnít know anything about the person the letters were all addressed to; but she was intrigued that there was an entire box of them; all dated in the early 1950s...
- Comets drop Gladbach Classic opener to Labette, 82-41Going to battle with a roster of six, the Cottey Comet basketball team hit a major roadblock in its third game of the season Friday afternoon in Fort Scott, Kan. Cottey (0-3 overall), competing in the Fort Scott Community College Gladbach Classic, squared off with Labette (Kan.) Community College, who used its distinct size advantage to topple the Comets, 82-41...
- Nine Tiger gridders nab all-conference honors (11/18/17)
- Lady Tiger tennis team recognized at postseason awards banquet (11/18/17)
- Twenty-five Missouri counties enact mandatory testing for Chronic Wasting Disease (11/17/17)
- Tigers, Lady Tigers look sharp at home hoops jamboree (11/17/17)
- Tigers get top seed for Carthage Invitational (11/17/17)
- Lady Tigers secure top seed for CJ Classic (11/17/17)
- Tigers, Lady Tigers to host hoops jamboree (11/15/17)
- Kehler, Beatty represent Cottey at NJCAA cross country championships (11/15/17)
- Nevada High School winter sports athletes take center stage (11/15/17)
- Season preview: Tiger basketball sets sights on district championship and beyond (11/13/17)
Latest State & Nation News